In ancient India, each day began with the sounds of Sacred Chants echoing through homes and temples, nourishing the lives of growing children. Even today, listening to chants is a great way to soothe the mind and body, and grant yourself the peace and calm you deserve.
Listen to these timeless melodies set to soothing tones. The Sanskrit Chants come to you with English Translations! The chants in this album include:
- Om Chant
- Omkaaram Bindu Samyuktam (The Power of Om)
- Vakratunda Mahaakaaya (A Chant to Ganesha)
- Yaakundendu (Invoking Saraswati – Goddess of Wisdom)
- Gurur Brahma (An Offering to the Guru – the Light Within)
- Om Sahanaavavatu (Harmony Prayer)
- Karaagre Vasate Lakshmi (Morning Prayer)
- Kara Charana Kritum (Forgiveness Chant)
- Brahmaarpanam (Gratitude Chant)
- Aham Vaishwaanaro (Gratitude Chant)
- Asatomaa (Invoking the Light Within)
- Om Poornamadah (Wholeness Chant)
- Gayatri Mantra (Invoking inner strength and brilliance of intellect)
- Sai Gayatri Mantra (Meditate Upon the Supreme Being)
- Maha Mrityunjana Mantra (Enchanting Mantra for Healing)
- Shani Stotram (Verses for Shani, the deity of Saturn; this chant is calming yet so powerful)
- Hanuman Chaalisa (The Empowering Forty Verses of Hanuman, Deity of Strength)
- Shanti Mantra (A Prayer for Peace… May all Beings be at Peace, May None Suffer!)
Listen to Om Sahanaavavathu, a chant for Harmony, by clicking the audio player right below:
Meaning of this Chant: “May we be protected, may we be nourished. May we work together with great vigour. May we achieve brilliance of intellect through our endeavours. May we never misunderstand each other, never entertain negativity.”
Another Sanskrit chant “Gurur Brahma” from this album, invokes the blessings of the Guru.
Click the video player below to listen in to this meditative recitation.